- All eligible members are expected to have received a COVID vaccine and boosters if eligible. RPSP does not currently track member’s vaccination status.
- No member should use the pool or facilities if they are experiencing COVID symptoms regardless of vaccine status. Members should immediately report a positive COVID test to RPSPmembership@gmail.com, so notification can be attempted to all members who may have been exposed. Please visit the CDC website for direction on quarantine/isolation guidelines and symptoms to watch. Negative test can be communicated to the pool via self-affirmation.
- The regulations are designed to ensure the safety of pool members and their guests.
- Pursuant to the Lease agreement with the Friends School, the Roland Park Pool shares the pool with the Friends School Camp when it is in session.
- Parents are requested to familiarize themselves and family members with these regulations. All members & guests are expected to assist the staff in their enforcement. All members & guests must comply promptly with instructions from staff & guards.
- The Manager-On-Duty is authorized to evict and or suspend membership privileges of anyone acting in an unsafe manner or not in compliance with these regulations.
- Use of the Main Pool and Lap Pool is permitted only if a lifeguard is on duty and the Pool is open for swimming.
Inclement Weather Policy
At Roland Park Swimming Pool, patron safety is the utmost priority of staff. Therefore, in the event of inclement weather, management will follow the protocol outlined below.
According to weather.gov, thunderstorms are very dangerous, and their onset can be rapid even though the conditions outside may appear to be non-threatening. The RPSP manager will check the forecast daily (through WBAL, weatherbug.com or another viable resource).
- If the threat of a thunderstorm is minimal or if it is not actively thundering and lightning, the pool will open on a normal schedule. The manager will keep in contact with the manager on duty to monitor the weather as the day progresses.
- If it is actively thunderstorming at the time of the pool’s opening, the opening of the pool will be delayed. The manager will alert patrons via our notification app, and he or she will monitor the thunderstorm until it is safe to open the pool. One the weather is cleared, another text alert will be sent out to patrons that the pool will open.
- If the manager or a lifeguard hears thunder, all patrons must vacate the water and deck area of the main pool, lap pool and baby pool as well as the basketball court area and the roof of the pump house. If conditions are severe, patrons will be asked to wait in the family bathroom or women’s bathroom for their safety.
- The manager has the right and the responsibility to close the pool for the day contingent on the duration and the severity of the storm. Manager will use discretion and the forecast to make that decision. If the pool will close for the day, patrons will have 10 minutes to vacate the pool area.
Without the presence of thunder or lightning, rain poses minimal threat to patrons, and, therefore, patrons may continue to swim. In the case of a torrential downpour, the lifeguards or manager reserve the right to close the diving well if there is limited visibility to the bottom of the pool.
Due to our proximity to the creek, our pool and pump house can be subjected to flash flooding. Historically, flash flooding in this area, while infrequent, has been severe, and the onset of these floods has been rapid.
- During prolonged or heavy periods of rainfall, the manager will monitor the water level of the creek near the pool gate.
- If the level of the creek is substantially above the normal level or is rising rapidly, the manager will announce that the pool gate will close in 10 minutes. At that time, all patrons must vacate the pool and wait safely at higher ground.
Fundraising at RPSP
In the past, several organizations have petitioned RPSP to hold a fundraiser at the pool. If an organization would like to host a fundraiser at RPSP, they must seek prior approval from management. All fundraising requests must be submitted 7 days prior to the fundraiser date.